The process involved in the Pre-installation of Kitchen chimney and Safety Measures
The kitchen chimney is a necessary household item that helps to keep the kitchen clean by removing smoke, gases, and odor. Before erecting a kitchen chimney, numerous procedures must be taken to ensure the safety of the property and the people who live in it.
The following are the steps in the pre-installation of the kitchen chimney:
1.)Check the location: The first step in the pre-installation process is to check the location of the kitchen chimney. The chimney should be installed in a location where it can effectively remove smoke, fumes, and odor. It should be placed above the cooktop and should not obstruct any windows or doors.
2.)Choose the Right Spot: The first step in pre-installation is to identify the right spot for your chimney. It should be placed over the “cooktop”, with a minimum distance of 24-30 inches between the chimney and the cooktop. The spot should also be close to an electrical point for power supply.
3.)Measure the space: After selecting the location, it is important to measure the space where the chimney will be installed. This will help in choosing the right size of chimney that fits the kitchen perfectly.
4.)Choose the right type of chimney: There are different types of “chimneys” available in the market, such as wall-mounted chimneys, island chimneys, and auto clean chimneys. It is important to choose the right type of chimney that suits the kitchen's design and layout.
5.)Install the ducting: The ducting is the pipe that connects the chimney to the outside. It is important to install the ducting properly to ensure that smoke, fumes, and odor are effectively removed from the kitchen. The ducting should be straight and without any bends to ensure the smooth flow of air.
6.)Connect the electrical wiring: After installing the ducting, the electrical wiring needs to be connected. The electrical connection should be done by a qualified electrician to ensure safety.
Let us look at some safety measures that need to be taken while installing the kitchen chimney:
1.) Use a professional installer: It is important to use a professional installer to install the kitchen chimney. A professional installer will ensure that the chimney is installed properly and safely.
2.) Turn off the power: Before starting the installation process, it is important to turn off the power supply to the kitchen. This will prevent any electrical accidents from happening.
3.) Wear protective gear: During the installation process, it is important to wear protective gear such as gloves and safety goggles to protect yourself from any accidents.
4.) Ventilate the area: While installing the kitchen chimney, make sure that the area is well-ventilated. This will prevent any suffocation from the fumes and odor.
5.) Test the chimney: After the installation process is completed, test the chimney to ensure that it is working properly. Check the suction power and noise level to ensure that the chimney is functioning as per the manufacturer's specifications.
6.) Electrical Safety Measures: It is important to ensure that the electrical connections for the kitchen chimney are made as per the manufacturer's instructions. This includes using the right gauge of wires and ensuring proper earthing.
7.) Testing and Commissioning: Once the kitchen chimney is installed, it is important to test and commission it to ensure that it is functioning properly. This includes testing the suction power and noise level and checking for any leaks or malfunctions.
8.) Safety Precautions: When using the kitchen chimney, it is important to follow some basic safety precautions to avoid accidents. This includes keeping the kitchen chimney away from flammable materials, not leaving it unattended while in use, and turning it off when not in use.
Some More Additional Information related to Safety Measures while Installing Kitchen Chimney:
- Make sure the electrical connections are done properly by a licensed electrician to avoid any electrical hazards.
- Ensure that the chimney is installed at a safe distance from the gas stove or any other heat source to prevent fire accidents.
- Always use protective gear, such as gloves and goggles, while installing the chimney to avoid any injury.
- It is advisable to have a second person assist you during the installation process to ensure that all parts are securely fastened and installed properly.
- Before installing the chimney, check the ceiling height and ensure that the height of the chimney matches the ceiling height to ensure optimal performance.
- Read and follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to avoid any errors during installation.
- It is important to have proper ventilation in the kitchen to ensure that the smoke and fumes are efficiently removed by the chimney
- Make sure that the chimney is cleaned and maintained regularly to ensure its efficient and safe functioning.
- Avoid using the kitchen chimney if there are any signs of damage or malfunction, and call a professional for repairs or replacement.
Finally, installing a kitchen chimney needs suitable pre-installation procedures and safety precautions. You can ensure that your kitchen chimney is installed securely and successfully by following these steps and safeguards. If you are seeking the best kitchen chimney in India, Faber is the best company which offers automatic and self-cleaning chimneys that are suitable for both small and large kitchens.
Faber has different types of Kitchen Chimney’s that will keep the Kitchen Clean and Healthy Body: