Right Time to Upgrade to Faber Electric Water Heaters
Electric water heaters are one of the most common types of water heaters for the home. They heat water using electricity. Heated water, if stored in a tank, is called a storage water heater; or, if heated water is needed on-demand, it is called an instant water heater.
Electric water heaters come in a variety of sizes and models that can fit any home. They can be placed in areas like the kitchen, the bathroom, and the washing area.
Faber India has 2 type of Electric Water Heaters:
Importance of Electric Water Heater
Faber India is a leading brand of water heaters in India. These are important and the best small appliances for home. Faber offers a wide range of electric water heaters known for their quality, durability, and energy efficiency.
3 reasons for the importance of having an electric water heater in home:
- Hot water is necessary for personal use. It aids in the removal of dirt, sweat, and bacteria from your skin. It also benefits in muscle relaxation and stress relief.
- Cooking with hot water: Many meals need hot water for cooking. It is used to cook pasta, steam vegetables, and boil water. It's also used to clean dishes and utensils.
- Cleaning with hot water: Cleaning with hot water is required for different purposes. It's used for cleaning clothes and floors. It's also used to disinfect surfaces and kill germs.
Average Life Span of Electric Water Heater
Electric water heaters normally have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years. The duration of life depends on factors of usage, maintenance, and water quality.
- Regular maintenance, such as draining the tank to avoid sediment build-up, can extend the life of the heater.
- Water heater efficiency may decline due to age, resulting in increased energy consumption.
- Monitoring performance, particularly beyond the 10-year mark, can assure a consistent supply of hot water and prevent unexpected failures.
7 Signs that your Electric Water Heater needs to be replaced
Electric water heaters are an essential part of many homes, providing hot water for bathing, cooking, and cleaning. But, a failing electric water heater can disrupt daily life and cause inconvenience. Below are the some signs that show your Electric Water Heater needs to be replaced:
- Inadequate Hot Water: If you're getting less hot water than normal or it's running out soon, this may cause a problem. This could be caused by a faulty heating element or dirt build-up.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: If the water temperature varies while in use, it may have trouble maintaining a constant temperature, and needs to be serviced.
- Unusual Noises: Unusual noises like popping, cracking, or roaring may cause sediment build-up in the tank, which reduces efficiency and may cause heater damage.
- Leaks and Corrosion: To prevent water damage, any leaks or signs of rust and corrosion around the tank or pipes should be repaired as soon as possible.
- Age: Electric water heaters have a lifespan of 10-15 years. If it's getting close to this age, it's time to think about a replacement to avoid unexpected failures.
- Higher energy costs: A sudden increase in energy costs with decreased efficiency, indicating faulty heating.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself calling for repairs on a regular basis, it may be more cost-effective to invest in a new water heater.
Complete Failure of Water Heater - Now it’s time to Replace It!
Like any home appliance, the electric water heater too has its own lifespan. 9 Signs show its complete failure and it is the time to buy a new electric water heater. Let's see the points below to consider its replacement.
- Lifespan: Electric water heaters have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years. If your unit is within or above this range, it's time to start thinking about replacing it. As heaters age, they become less efficient and more prone to failures.
- Repairs: If you find yourself calling a repair professional on a regular basis, it adds on to the cost and time to use an old device.
- Reduced Efficiency: Aging water heaters become less energy-efficient. If you observe a rise in your energy costs but no increase in usage, your heater may be failing to maintain its efficiency.
- Inadequate Hot Water: If the hot water supply has become irregular or insufficient, it may be a sign to replace it.
- Leaks and Corrosion: Visible leaks surrounding the tank, as well as indications of rust and corrosion, are signs of a failed water heater.
- Strange Noises: Popping, rumbling, or cracking sounds from the water heater might mean sediment build-up and can lead the device to fail.
- Water Temperature Increase: If you have to turn up the temperature to get the same degree of hot water, your heating components may fail.
- Rusty Water: If your hot water appears discoloured or rusty, this is a sign of corrosion inside the tank, which can lead to leaks and other issues.
- Safety Concern: If you suspect a safety issue, such as an electrical problem or a gas leak. Replacing the water heater may be the most secure solution.
Choosing New Electric Water heater
Electric water heaters are a popular choice for many homeowners because they are inexpensive to operate and maintain. Choosing the best electric water heater ensures uninterrupted hot water supply and energy efficiency.
7 common factors to consider while buying the new electric water heater:
- Determine Capacity: To choose the right water heater, consider your family's size and hot water usage.
- Energy Efficiency: To save money on energy expenses, look for Energy Star-certified models.
- Heater Type: Based on your usage type and available space, choose between storage heater and tankless heaters.
- Warranty: Consider heater with long guarantees, as these are usually signs of higher quality.
- Features: Check for easy-to-use controls, safety features, and digital displays.
- Budget: Set a budget that balances short-term expenses with long-term savings.
- Consult a Professional: If you are unsure, seek professional guidance regarding your specific needs from a technician.
Faber India is one of the best electric water heater brands for home in India. Their water heaters are known for being energy efficient, reliable, and long lasting. Faber is an excellent choice for an electric water heater that will give you hot water for a long time.
Electric water heaters are essential for many homes. They supply hot water for bathing, cooking, and cleaning. However, like other home appliances, they also wear out and have to be replaced.
When deciding on whether to replace your electric water heater, there are many factors to consider. These factors include the age of your water heater, its condition, and the cost of repairs.
It may be time to replace your water heater if it is old, inefficient, or leaking. A defective water heater can be a safety risk as well as a source of energy waste. You may save money on your energy costs and keep your house safe by replacing your water heater when it needs to be changed.
If you're looking for the best electric water heater for your house, Faber India stands out as a reliable, effective, and innovative option that provides both warmth and peace of mind.