How to Clean Water Purifier? Step by Step Guide and Safety Tips!
Water purifiers are home appliances that provide clean, safe water for drinking, cooking, and bathing. To ensure optimal function and to prevent the growth of bacteria and other hazardous elements, water purifiers must be cleaned on a regular basis.
Water purifiers, manufactured by Faber India, ensure that the water we drink is free of chemicals and impurities. However, these purifiers may collect dirt, minerals, and other contaminants over time, reducing their efficiency.
Why is it important to clean a water purifier?
There are 3 reasons to clean a water purifier on a regular basis as defined below:
- Dirt and waste particles can accumulate on the filter cartridges, decreasing their effectiveness.
- If the water purifier is not cleaned on a regular basis, germs and other harmful substances might grow.
- Dirty water purifier could damage the taste of your water.
How often should a water purifier be cleaned?
The frequency with which you must clean your water purifier is determined by several factors, including the type of water purifier you have, the quality of your water, and how frequently you use it. However, as a general rule, your water purifier should be cleaned at least once a month.
How to clean the exterior of a water purifier?
The exterior of a water purifier can be cleaned with a mild detergent and water. Here are the steps involved:
- Gather your basic objects
- A mild detergent
- A soft cloth
- Clean, cold water
- Turn off the water supply to the water purifier.
- Unplug the water purifier from the electrical outlet.
- Wipe down the exterior of the water purifier with a soft cloth dampened with clean water.
- Apply a small amount of mild detergent to the clothes.
- Wipe down the exterior of the water purifier again.
- Rinse the cloth with clean water and wipe down the exterior of the water purifier one last time.
- Turn on the water supply to the water purifier.
- Plug the water purifier back into the electrical outlet.
Faber India is the Best-selling water Purifier for Home with different capacities as:
Cleaning Tips for the Outside of a Water Purifier
- To clean the exterior of a water purifier, avoid using strong chemicals or abrasive cleansers. These might damage the surface of the water purifier and make cleaning harder.
- After cleaning, rinse the water purifier with clean water. This will aid in the removal of any soap residue that may taint the water.
- Clean the outside of the water purifier on a regular basis to avoid debris, dust, and grime from accumulating.
How to clean the water tank of water purifier?
Cleaning the water storage of your water purifier is an important step in keeping your drinking water pure. The storage tank can gather sand, bacteria, and smells over time, reducing the quality of the water it dispenses. Follow 5 steps to clean the water tank properly.
- Disassembling: Empty and remove the purifier by removing the water tank per the manufacturer's instructions. Remove any residual water from the container.
- Cleaning Solution: To make a cleaning solution, use a mild dish soap and water. Avoid applying powerful chemicals that could damage or contaminate the water source.
- Scrub and Rinse: Scrub the interior of the reservoir with the cleaning solution using a soft brush or sponge. Give special attention to corners and gaps where dirt can collect. To remove soap residue, carefully rinse with clean water.
- Airing Out: After rinsing, allow the tank of air to completely dry. This prevents germs and microbes from growing in a moist environment.
- Restore and test: Once the reservoir has been dried, rebuild it according to the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure that all components are securely attached. Connect the purifier and test its operation to ensure there are no leaks or problems.
How to clean the Filters of Water Purifier?
The filters of a water purifier should be cleaned regularly to remove dirt, dust, and bacteria to ensure the on-going supply of clean and safe drinking water.
- Turn Off and Disassemble: Turn off the purifier's water supply. Carefully remove the filters from their places, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Rinse Pre-Filter: Pre-filters should be carefully rinsed under running water to get rid of dirt and waste. This prevents blockage and keeps the water running.
- Prepare Cleaning Solution: Make a cleaning solution with water of white vinegar or citric acid. These natural compounds help in the removal of mineral accumulation and the disinfection of the filters.
- Soak and Rinse: Soak and rinse the filters in the cleaning solution for some time, making sure they are completely submerged. After soaking, rinse the filters completely with clean water to remove any residue from the cleaning solution.
- Air Dry: Allow the filters to air dry completely in a well-ventilated place. This step is important for preventing the growth of germs or bacteria.
- Reassemble and test: Once the filters have dried, replace them in their original places according to the manufacturer's instructions. Turn on the purifier and check its operation to ensure there are no leaks or problems.
Clean filters result in better water flow, better taste, and a longer purifier lifespan. By following these above steps, you can now ensure the water purifier continues to offer pure water through its regular maintenance.
Final Check on Reassembled components
After cleaning Faber best water purifier, you need to do final tests to ensure correct performance and the ongoing delivery of clean drinking water. Here's how to carry out these important checks:
- Inspect for Leaks: After turning on the water purifier, carefully inspect all connections and joints for any signs of leaks. Address any leaks as soon as possible to avoid water waste and damage.
- Water Quality Test: Fill a glass with purifier water and carry out a simple visual and taste test. The water should be clear and have no unpleasant odours or tastes. If you detect any irregularities, double-check your cleaning procedure or contact customer service.
- Maintenance Indicators: If your Faber water purifier contains maintenance indicators, make sure you reset them per the manufacturer's recommendations. This step allows you to correctly follow the next maintenance cycle.
- Flow Rate Inspection: Check the flow rate of the purified water. It should be consistent and steady. An unexpected drop in flow could suggest a system blockage or poorly reassembled components.
- Check for unusual noises: During operations, listen for any strange noises, such as shaking or buzzing. Unusual noises could suggest loose parts or possible issues with the purifier.
Choosing the best water purifier for your home is an important step toward protecting the health of your family. Buying the water purifier is an investment in your health, and Faber's reputation adds to its credibility.
We have studied the importance of proper maintenance for the best water purifier for home. Cleaning and caring for your water purifier on a regular basis ensures that you always have access to pure, safe, and pleasant water. By following the cleaning instructions, you can maximize the benefits of a water purifier.
A well-maintained water purifier also helps with the appliance's life. Regular cleaning prevents mineral deposits, bacteria, and germs from growing, which can reduce the purifier's performance over time. By maintaining the filters and internal components clean, you may extend the life of the purifier and avoid costly repairs